Contest Guidelines & Registration
• The contest is open to individuals age 16 and over, of any experience level.
• Entry fee is $20 per contestant, per entry.
• Monologues may be drawn from published or unpublished works written for stage theatre production. Monologues must be at least 2 minutes and not more than 4 minutes in presentation and suitable for a family audience. Contestants must provide 3 copies of their monologue, including title of work, character name, and playwright, with registration.
• No costumes or stage makeup and only 3 hand props are allowed.
• There will be a chair and a table onstage for your use.
• Registration & Preliminary Rounds will begin at noon on Saturday, April 16. Final Performance Rounds held on Sunday, April 17, at 6:00 p.m.
Awards for Best Performance will be made in each category with a sufficient number of participants.
All rounds held at the Hearn Stage of the Kress Theatre, 1102 Third Street, in downtown Alexandria.